View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd300td View Post
I have an O ring in the garage, but since an O ring wasn't on the bolt or anywhere else, I didn't use the new O ring. There was a black band around the mid-section of the bolt. It wasn't a ring though as it was flush with the bolt; had flat sides. Didn't look like it was meant to come off or replace, so I left it.

Regarding the primer, I pumped until fuel spilled out of it. Should I keep pumping? that seem's unnecessary to me...but what do I know.

What are the spec's of the copper crush washer? And can I do/replace anything now that will allow me to never have to use a copper crush washer again? they're too hard to find.
If you previously filled the fuel filter I ment use the priming pump before you start the car. It is hard to describe it but when you pump with the primer pump and the are starts leaving the IP you well he a buzzing, deep squeeling sound and keep pumping some more and at that point the air is out of the IP housing.
If air gets up into the Fuel injection lines between the IP and The Fuel Injectors it takes too much cranking with the engine to purge it. As I said if you loosen some of the Fuel Injectio Line nuts up by the Fuel Injectors ie bleed out fast.
Check this PDF below to see the factory method of bleeding the air out after a filter change:
http://www.pauldrayton.com/uploadfiles/merc/Service/W123/w123CD2/Program/Engine/617/07_1-140.pdf