View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS View Post
It's the same thing every year. April rolls around and gas/diesel prices go up - through July/August I get to hear all the stupid price projections and hear all the panic. Then when summer is over, the prices go back down (not as low as they were, but they go down) and everyone shuts up. If you wanted to sell your diesel, I'd wait until the end of the summer when the prices come back down.
Excellent point! As far as this administration goes, they have no control over fuel prices. This should hgave been very apparent when George Bush couldn't get the Saudi's to pump more oil.

Place the blame where it belongs, squarely in the lap of the environmentalist liberals! We haven't been able to build a refinery in this country for more than 30 years. We can't go to ANWR, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota or any sources in the U.S. for ourselves, even though we are the third biggest oil producer in the world. And at the same time no one wants to be in Iraq for much of anything else, let alone oil reserves.

And that doesn't even begin to touch the layers of lawyers hired by idiots like the Sierra club who drag issue after issue into court forcing our oil and gas producers to spend billions before ANY profit is made all because of the possible shortening of the lifespan of the buck tooth bunny. And these same lawyers will drive up in a GMC Yukon or Sierra or Range Rover or Cadillac Escalade thinking they are so green because they can burn ethanol!

These same moron's showed up here in the valley fighting us for 10 years because we wanted to build the Nations first of it's kind and largest Solar Power Plant ever right here in Arizona! Finally we got the go ahead to build it, but before even 1 killowatt was created, it cost millions in legal fees even though it would have made us closer than ever to being energy independent. I'm suprised that SRP got to build the first of it's kind algae based biodiesel plant in Arizona using the heat from the sun and the Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant to make biodiesel!

Bottom line is keep your car as long as it runs well and is roadworthy and if you flatten a liberal with it, most of us will thank you!

The Greatest Arizona Senator ever, Barry M Goldwater. I hope you can see from heaven how much you are missed.