View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
There may not be a dollar difference between gas and Diesel in the same station. But here in Santa Cruz between one station and another there is a good dollar and ,more.

Day before yesterday it was $4.99 at the Union 76.

I remember back when we had the first so called gas shortage in the 70`s. long lines, even day`s odd day`s, red flag, green flag if they had gas or not. sometimes you could only buy 5 gallons. and gas was 50 - 55¢ a gallon.

we went to the 55mph all across the country to save fuel. guess it worked because later on we had all kind of fuel and the 55 was dropped.

we were told to drive small, think small etc... sounds familiar to what is going on now. wondering if some bright politicion is going to come up with the 55 again.

I notice when I drive around I see the larger PU and Suv`s in parking lots for sale more than I use to, people are trying to unload while they can. and also see a few more Diesels for sale. people are getting to the panic mode.

VWBUG,
I can`t tell you one way or the other if you should sell your car, that is a decision you will have to make I don`t know your financial situtiation. you should go where your heart is and maybe it is VW`s and not MB I don`t know. I think you said something about your WVO supply drying up
and maybe that is why you bought the MB in the first place.
I think it is foolish to sell it, these are great cars even if we do have to tinker with them all the time. new cars I don`t think they can be tinkered with.

Charlie ☺

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works