View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
I seem to have read several posts where you are spouting this nonsense. Here is some news for you buddy, this is not "the rest of the world", this is the USA. It's left wing globalists like yourself that are going to bring this country down. If we would use the natural resources at our disposal, and our elite military to protect them, we could have $2.50 fuel while "the rest of the world" pays $8, thats how it should be. But alas we find our govt controlled buy nutless tree hugger evironmentalist whackos who find it unfair that we pay less than "the rest of the world".

Let me guess, Obama '08 bumper sticker?
I hate to tell you this, but at this point a large portion of the "wealth" in the United States comes from "the rest of the world." This is free market capitalism, which my blackened conservative heart loves. No tree hugger here. No Obama sticker (I don't bastardize my nice bumper with stickers, but if I did, it would be Mr. McCain). Americans have an embarassing sense of entitlement. I do think we have a right to expect more than the rest of the world, but we sure as heck better not expect to get it without working and fighting for it.

This is getting off-topicy and has nothing to go with the orginal point of this post. It doesn't make any different to vwbuge who's to blame for the diesel prices ... the poor dude just wants some advice on what to do with his car.

Again, my advice ... hold on to the MB and see what happens.
2018 Chevy Cruze diesel, 6-speed manual, satin steel metallic/kalahari--19,000 miles
1982 Peugeot 505 diesel, 4-speed manual, blue/blue, 130,000 miles
1995 S320, black/parchment--34,000 miles (Dad's car)