View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkast View Post
It sounds like your gearbox or teeth on the cable are stripped and your cable may be binding.

I would try pulling out the cable, follow this procedure I made up: http://www.peachparts.com/Wikka/W123SunRoofRepair
Thanks for the reply. I actually looked at the article you wrote already - nice job by the way. Unfortunately, I think you missed part of my original post (no wonder with it being so long and all) - here's the part I'm referring to...

Quote:
...I removed the motor and gearhead assembly and examined the cable. No signs of any damage or any wire wraps mashed together or anything that would bind up in the gears. No sign of problems with the gears either
The cable and gears appear to be fine. With the cable out of it and the main drive gear removed, the teeth that engage the cable all look fine. The cable just won't move to pull the sunroof open (not even halfway) so I'm not sure that the info in your article applies in this case.

Is it possible to pry the interior panel securing clips out of the outer roof panel, drop the interior panel, and slide it back out of the way WITHOUT opening the sunroof first - and without damaging the interior panel?

Do you know anything about the roof panel "locking mechanism" that others have referred to? In looking at your article I didn't see anything in the pictures that fit that description. I'm wondering if I can get the interior panel out of the way, maybe I'll be able to see it and unlock it.
99% original unmolested car
~210k miles on the clock

1986 Ford F250 4x4 Supercab
Charcoal & blue two tone paint over burgundy interior
Banks turbo, DRW, ZF-5 & SMF conversion
152k on the clock - actual mileage unknown