Thread: She puked!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:38 PM
cphilip.com

Well that, at least, is working. I say that because I just rode her hard back from the Indy and its 97 degrees out today here, and the Coolant temp never went over (normal for this car) around 95 C. And coolant temp was steady no matter if sitting at a light or whatever. And AC running hard wide open all the way... and when I got home, while sitting in the drive way doing the cool down I got out and noticed the Aux fan running. For the first time I have observed that but yet first time I have run the AC hard on a real hot day too. So I know the tie in with the AC is kicking it on because it never got hot enough for the Coolant system to trigger it. Never had before.

Fix, for me, was only the switch. The system was still full when he started to evacuate it. And he confirms the switch was leaking. And he had a switch on hand (oddly enough his High/Low switch (which I believe to be Bosch) had a Silver nut area too. But its working well now.

And got my Alternator in which then fixed the no "little battery indicator" lamp not coming on in position 2. It now comes on and burns until crank and goes out, indicating charge is occuring, like its supposed to.

So... we drive and see what comes up next!
1985 Piaggio Vespa T5 - Black and Chrome

www.cphilip.com