View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togorashi View Post
Hello,

I need some help. I'm stuck on my stereo install. Since I've used a lot of the great information in this thread to help me, I thought I would ask my question here.

I can't find an antenna (blue) or dashboard light (gray) wire.

When I bought my 1981 300TD, there was an old ghetto Sony tape deck hanging loose in the slot, It wasn't hooked up in any way, but the wires had obviously been messed with.

I did find one gray wire that has a type of RCA plug on the end of it. Is that the dashboard wire?

Also, there is a yellow wire loose, without any terminations on it that appears to lead to the hazard switch. Not sure what to do about that.

Thanks for any help.
Is the grey wire that has a 'type of RCA plug' kind of fat? If so, it sounds like the antenna cable. The yellow wire that leads to the hazard switch could be a power wire, possibly an always-hot positive feed for the radio memory. Test it with a 12 volt test light to see if there's power with the key off and on.
(If possible, I prefer to wire my car radios to permanent power so I don't need the key)
As for the blue antenna-motor and grey light wires, sounds like the PO did a nice hack-job, and you're going to have to root around inside the console and find the missing wires.

Happy Motoring, Mark