View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 02:57 AM

Thanks guys, the install took me quite a while, tried my best to make everything integrate well to look as stock as possible. The car pulls very hard, and has been real hard to keep planted powering through corners. I'm suddenly realizing just why LSD is so important!

Rahulio - Hughes does have a website, hughes-mercedes.co.uk. Not much info on there, still have to call across the pond for the kits. I did most of my negotiation on the phone at 1am California time.

I'm starting to wonder what transmission and limited slip rear end might mate up to this for best performance. Five speed automatic with the 3.27 LSD 16v rear? Manual 16v Getrag box with the same? Maybe something a bit taller could be worked up to fix the traction issues off the line and get the top speed up a bit. Anyone done anything about this yet?

On another note, anyone with the TurboTechnics kit might want to check their Pcv system. Setting mine up the way I've seen in photos led to full manifold vacuum being applied on the crankcase! Could hardly pull the oil cap off at idle...

1987 300e - The 200,000 mile TurboTechnics rocketship.