View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 09:47 AM

Well it's mostly back together. I reamed out all the glow plug holes, and as I thought the only ones that had any carbon were the two that were stuck. I repeated the reaming untill I could drive the reamer home by hand. I took a shot at something new, I coated the threads of the new glowplugs with anti-sieze but put a coating of high temp synthetic grease on the body of the plug. We will see in a few years what happens.

Some of the wiring was peeling so I patched it up as best as I could, new engine harness next time.

I do have a problem, I have a large vacume line that I dont know where it goes. It comes up from under the front of the engine. I marked everything else so this one must have been pulled off while I was fighting with the glow plugs.

I think it has something to do with the transmission because I took the car for a ride and the car shifts very hard under low and part throtle shifts. Shifts fine when you are on the gas hard. I have a vacume diagram but it's hard to follow and I can't see where this line comes from. I thought it came from the intake manifold but I labeled all of those and reconnected them.

I am stumped. I think I am going to block off the line and see if it shifts any better. Car runs great otherwise.

Karl B
95 E300 D
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
2001 GMC Yukon XL
1997 Contour SVT
Mazda RX-7 SCCA race car