View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 11:38 PM
MB Diesel Nerd Trainee

Questions that have come up while working with injectors

Hello again all,

I have been (very slowly) working on replacing the injector nozzles, and many other complications have come up while going along.

The main one is that I have had a very difficult time getting the old heat shield crush washers out: The previous owner believes the injectors have not even been touched in it's 200,000+ mile life. I've managed to get 4 of the 5 out, but that one is simply refusing. Anybody have strategies for this? I had a little pick tool that broke at the handle while trying to take this last heat shield out.

This part is more me venting than asking a question: Another difficulty is that one injector is I believe not tightened together all the way and/or assembled wrong internally. I got everything back together (after hours and hours of trying to remove the one pesky heat shield and saying screw it), bled out the air properly, and just before it sounds the engine is going to turn over a whisps of fuel come out of that one injector. Note this injector is not the same one with the old heat shield still in it.

Thanks again everyone,
Geoff