View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG View Post
Try Pete.....he's around you somewhere
Is Pete his forum username?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
I have a Chilton and a Haynes manual and while they are better than nothing the money is better spent on a Factory Manual CD. People keep saying that you can get the Factory Manual CDs at the Mercedes Classic center for somewhere in the $20 + postage range. There is a post or thread that has the internet address.
Oddly the Haynes (123) manual has a lot if information on rebuilding manual transmissions. I do not know why they thought that this was more important than some of the other things that they neglected to put in the manual.
Here is an online manual site; However, the 126 and 124 sections appear to work but do not have any information in them. The 123 site is the most complete so if something on a 123 matches with what you are doing at least you will have some information to work with.
http://www.pauldrayton.com/uploadfiles/merc/Service/Library.html
Awesome, thanks for the information. From what I've been told on this forum, engine/drivetrain stuffs is mostly the same between W126 and 123, assuming they share the same engine. So it will definitely be a help. Like I said, I just need something to get started with, but if you guys are saying I can get a proper one from dealers for 20-ish, I will certainly look into it.