View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Chairman of my Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
You should be able to get an M16x1.5 banjo bolt at most any hydraulic/hose shop.
I tried. But my local hydraulic/hose shops around here don't have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkast View Post
For some reason I thought that the bolt hole in the filter head was not threaded and the bolt just passed through into the filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajaman View Post
Why did the filter housing need to be tapped? Function as the o-ring?
As Lance stated, it is not threaded. I had Diesel911 put M16X1.5 threads on the filter mount so that I can convert the filter to a screw-on type. I also thought because the center hole of the filter mount tapers up to a larger size in diameter then the M16 bolt near the top of the mount, by having threads on the bottom would stabilize the banjo bolt for a better seal on the bolt head. I am planning on using gas rated Teflon tape on the threads to seal the banjo.

In other notes, as stated the in links earlier Diesel911 is using a CAT 1R-0750 two micron filter mod on his car. He made a threaded adapter that is 1"-14 to use that filter. I think he stated that the true CAT filter is skinny enough that there is no grinding modification of the filter mount to install as opposed to the WIX 3528 version he originally used. But I'll let him talk about his version of this mod if he chooses for later in this thread.