View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Ferrologist

Thanks all, it truly is a nice car and all the "hard" stuff has been done leaving some pretty basic body work and getting the sunroof working. That's always a fun task! I'm such a parts-whore that I've accumulated so many bits for this car like the seals and such, just never enough time! Currently working on an M35A2 and an '86 Mack Midliner plus building a house... just got my hands full.

I'm not sure what the rated HP is on the N/A diesel, but if you use the kick-down it'll scoot. I didn't get into the vacuum tuning on the tranny but the Mobil-1 ATF really helped, but I still think it could be shifting a little smoother.

I doubt it's a Euro model as none of the gauges are in metric although I'm not sure how common clear driving lenses are. Feel free to come take a look though, just shoot me a PM. I'll likely be wrenching on her this weekend as the alternator belt just started squealing which is one thing I dislike about new belts. Bleh!

Chadahar: I'd love to drive it out to you if you'd cover expenses and a one-way home! She's a majorly nice ride and the cruise down from PA was awesome, especially coming down through the Shenandoah Valley in the late afternoon.

I'll definitely post up when we get the 300D stick-shift ready. Not nearly as pretty but definitely a hot-rod!

Just the MB's: '82 300DT (stick), '81 240D, '80 300SD, '80 300D, '81 240D Manual