View Single Post
Old 03-20-2002, 01:56 PM
Jack500 Jack500 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 56
I converted my euro 500SE from a hydraulic suspension to conventional set up when the neumatic shocks began to leak. I purchased two metric caps and simply capped the air cells where the rubber hose connects. Everything but the shocks and springs were left intact in the event someone else desired to convert back to original set up. I purchased two springs at a salvage yard for $60. Make sure you get the right part number for your vehicle. It is stamped on the bottom edge of the spring. Also, the springs are color coded. Make sure you get a matched set if they are used. Best to have a MB mechanic install the springs since a special compressor is required. Other spring compressors will not work so don't waste your time. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote