Thread: bozio nozzles
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Crazy mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
Myself and other asked what the Fisk Catalyst is supposed to do. I did some internet searches and the claim is increased power, decreased emissions and better fuel econmey (gas and diesel powered engines). The following is for information purposes only:
Fitch Fuel Catalyst
http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/

Dose the Fitch Catalyst work
Comments from a forum:
http://askville.amazon.com/fitch-fuel-catalyst-work/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4602986

“I was wondering if anyone has try this product and it works as advertised“.

“I personally had a bad experience with it. When I put Fitch fuel in my car it worked well at first, then later on the car began to run poorly“.

“I have seen articles about a so called Fitch Fuel Catalyst, a type of gas "optimizer, which has been approved by the EPA as reducing emissions and improving mileage and power. Its apparently made of metal pellets (held in a sack and put in the gas tank) that causes a electro-chemical type reaction w/ the gas, thereby causing the gas to burn more effic. Does anybody know what type of alloy material could do this?”

Diesel Power Mag comments and test.
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/dodge/0711dp_fitch_fuel_catalyst/index.html
Part if the articles test phase:
“With the Fitch installed, it was time for us to get some fuel-economy numbers. Our first trip to the pump netted us 23.25 mpg, down from an earlier high of 24.10 mpg. Our mileage had actually dropped, so we looked for a culprit. Since our last test, we had installed a new transmission, but that couldn't be the cause, could it? We got to thinking and realized the billet converter and SFI flexplate we installed might have been just as heavy as the mechanical cooling fan we had taken off (which increased our fuel mileage by 3 mpg), so we unhooked the Fitch and ran our test loop again. Running without the catalyst under the same conditions (constant 70-mph freeway driving) netted us 22.10 mpg.
Once we got our variables out of the way and had some solid test results, we found that the thing actually worked. The people at Fitch also informed us that it may take a few tanks to see significant gains. As for us, we got a 1.15-mpg increase with the Fitch driving under very light load conditions. If you're looking for a way to increase your fuel mileage, you might want to check out the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. At about $300, it isn't a bad way to fight high fuel prices.
Old transmission(Fitch Fuel Catalyst not installed)24.10 mpg
New transmission(Fitch Fuel Catalyst not installed)22.10 mpg
New transmission(Fitch Fuel Catalyst installed)23.25 mpg”
Driving habits dont buy a fitch catalyst.

As long as they would add one additional commandment for you to keep thy religion to thyself.
George Carlin (Wonder where he is now..)

1981 240d (engine donor 1983 240d) recently rebuilt engine hurray! - No more.. fought a tree and the tree won.

pearl black 1983 240d 4speed (Converted!@$$%) atleast the tranny was rebuilt.