View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
The label attached to your car is no longer accurate for refrigerant fill since you changed the condenser to a different type. The new one is probably smaller inside, but that is by far not a sure thing.
Yes, but shouldn't it be a higher amount if anything? Since the pfc is more efficient I assumed it would have a higher capacity than a serpentine one. I only say this because my pressures seemed higher than they should be as I was adding the freon the entire time, not just towards the end.

After writing this thread I took it for another drive. The high pressures were lower, hovering around 250 and up to 300, sometimes spiking up to close to 400. The low side was anywhere from 20 to 30.

Perhaps I have too much freon, but I'll check elsewhere first.

Quote:
You figured out that I wasn't joking after all, about taping the gauges to the windshield.
Yes, I did. It did seem a bit odd at first but when I ran it under the hood I found they would sit nicely on the windshield. I did tape them but it seems the tape was unecessary. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
I suspect an airflow problem. Since you have a different condenser, I must ask this: how good is the seal between the condenser and radiator? And did you clean the radiator airway?
Please explain more. This sounds like a good thing to check into.
So you are saying my condenser should be in direct contact with my radiator?? I don't believe they are but I'll have to check tomorrow.
I don't believe I cleaned out the radiator airway. I'll do that tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.