View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I've become my Dad!

OK this is now my problem as well :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbineinekrous View Post
Got it in my pocket. I'll post its size and type for future generations. Woo-Hoo is spot on.
So the day started real nice...bright sunshine and a forecast for more of the same all the way to Canada Day. Headed over to Bens Lover's hse and we started off with the UCA removal. Popped steering knuckle from UCA, unbolted swaybar bushing, took off cone and washer then found we could not remove the bushings from the swaybar. Never mind, lets do remove the bolts inside the engine bay.

Nut came off easy. The bolt tough, just spins and spins. Its not going to screw out. We went at it with everything we got. Doesn't even budge a hair!

Screw it. Lets do the tie-rods. One actually had a grease nipple on the end of the tie-rod! Anyway, changed them both out and then tried the UCA bolts again. No go. Still got the LCA ball joints to do. Geez. Tired and frustrated as hell. Packed everything up and drove home gingerly.

A dump truck burns on the highway. They close it for 4 hours. I'm stuck in the middle with no lunch, no water and no answers. I have the manual and quite a few printouts with me. I read them back to back and nowhere does it mention that this bolt can be a beatch.

Until I found this post. Yep its been a fun day. Any ideas?

Oh and Dan...thanks for being such a good-natured, even-tempered guy. It was great working with you
BC Canada

Last edited by zu!; 06-28-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to add: