View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:05 PM
You talkin’ to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack avant View Post
I read a link where you could short out jumper #5 and 7. I did that and A/C started working. Does that mean that kilma relay is bad or what. This was what I was asking for when I asked for a shortcut. My 1984sd does not have a Kilma. Thanks for the input.
As far as I understand it, jumping pin #5 to #7 is simply putting 12 volts to the compressor. Again, you could do it if you want, but it's not really solving the problem. Either the Klima is bad or something feeding info to the Klima is not functioning properly - or something else is wrong (low refrigerant) and the sensors and relays are fine and doing what they are supposed to be doing. Now, that might not help you much, but you'll have to dig around to find out. Try jumping various sensors (i.e. low pressure cut-out, etc) to see what you get - the more info you have the better off you will be. Have a look at the Klima first and try to find a wiring diagram.

You might find something useful here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankowner View Post
Once the Klima relay is out, take a look at the pins, notice that each one is labeled. The following posts have info about the function of each of the pins. The Klima relays being referred to in these posts are not exactly the same as the Klima/Kickdown relay in the 95 E300D, but as you will see they are pretty close. Between the wiring diagram and this info you will be better off in trying to locate your problem.

See post #5 here:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=95748

And post #21 here:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=102024&page=2

"Back off, man. I’m a scientist” ~ Peter Venkman