View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Crazy mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiBenz1987 View Post
Geez, between this and the salesman in Pep Boys today, I'm starting to feel a little run-down by the male world. I went in to buy a new socket for the headlamp of my dad's van (GM junk corroded beyond belief) and the guy tells me they don't have any, but I might find a junkyard that has one and "get my husband or boyfriend to splice it on." He caught himself, though and sheepishly added, "or you could do it if you know how to do that kind of stuff."

I'll admit though that most women really make no effort to know what's going on under the hood. I guess most guys don't either, but women almost seem PROUD of how little they know about cars. It's like they play car-dumb to look cute or do the damsel-in-distress dance. I don't expect other women to be as obsessed with their car as I am, but really, how hard is it to know that engine oil is vital, or that gasoline and diesel are not interchangeable? Maybe I'm a genius.
lol, -inserts foot in mouth- If i were to find a woman who i could work on my car with. I would have to propose to her on the spot. Anyways, its more of yknow, its just something to gets you from point a to point b kind of thing, Not how we veiw it, we see it as "Ok, no oil your going to spin your bearings, then you will ruin the crankshaft, then the cylinder walls will go, and then your top end will melt because of the lack of lubrication." The way people that dont know see it is, "Oh, it wont go without that."

As long as they would add one additional commandment for you to keep thy religion to thyself.
George Carlin (Wonder where he is now..)

1981 240d (engine donor 1983 240d) recently rebuilt engine hurray! - No more.. fought a tree and the tree won.

pearl black 1983 240d 4speed (Converted!@$$%) atleast the tranny was rebuilt.