View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Dead on balls accurate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahouna View Post
300SD81's and LUVMBDIESELS, Thanks for staying with me through this, all you guys. Now that I have the diagrams I can start this week end (looks like it might take awhile). I did a quick visual check of the brown ground wires and they look perfect, matter of fact all the wiring looks new so this may take awhile, nothing weird or obvious other than that old melted spot under the steering wheel which I have no idea why that is like that. If it wasn't a Florida car I would think the wiring was new. all the lugs look new, the wires look new. I am trying to contact previous owner to ask if he replaced wiring harness. Anyway, thanks, I will start this week end.

One more question, can I attempt to start the car without the OVP relay in, someone mentioned trying that but wanted to verify that as an option for diagnostic purposes only. They aso mentioned leaving out the fuel pump relay and trying that too.
Thanks again, whatever I find, I will keep writing in case this happens to someone else.
Thanks, Mahouna
I don't know about starting the car w/o the fuel pump relay. It controls a bunch of things. I would just jump 12V to socket #7 and see if the fuel pumps run.

I am not sure if the OVP relay can be jumped to start the car

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD