View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy2004 View Post
On the highway the rear is a bit 'squirrel-ey' when I go over a bump. Especially when going around a corner.

About 10 years ago, I was driving a running parts car home and the car fishtailed a bit like u might be describing. While driving on the side streets, the car completely locked up, it was really foolish to be driving the car in retrospect.

Looking at your car, that cracking by the rear jack point looks really bad. Could the car be unstable on a lift if the frame is rusted? If so, I would not sink any more $$$ into that car. Personally I'd like to get a snapshot of it from underneath while it's in the air, provided there is no worry about the car dropping on me.
Sorry if my labeling system is a little difficult to decipher...the front jack points are the nasty ones...the rears are the good looking ones.

I can look around underneath some more...however, I remember an indy specifically warning me about the passenger floor pan.

A lot of these places may look sorta ok from the outside, but I think I'm gonna have to tap on the undercoating and listen for the rust crunching...
262,715 and counting