View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMBDiesels View Post
That car looks like my first one a 1963 Corvair convertible I fell in love with. I could never keep up with the rust and eventually it had to become somebody's parts car.

My friend had a Datsun 280Z that he spent big $$ on getting the engine done. As they were putting the enginne back into the car, it broke in two -- The car not the engine-- you have to bee careful with unit body cars and rust.
My dad had one of those (Datsun)...5 speed manual. That was a fun car...but long gone.

Yeah...it looks like this might turn into somebody's parts car...

I'm tempted to weld up brackets and put new shocks in...but it just seems like it'd be postponing the inevitable. I have access to an old school welder (not sure I'd want to use it...it looks like an electrical motor teamed up with a generator)...and possibly a MIG welder.

So...what's a parts car going for nowadays? Brand new tires (5), less than 2k miles on them (I've put less than that on the car for the 7 months I've had it). Relatively new exhaust (never seen winter roads). Pretty good interior, some small tears on the mbtex. Transmission shifts great, engine has lots of blowby. No A/C, was told it needed a charge...haven't bothered. I don't think I'd like to tear it apart, my school would probably not like it if I tried that.

John, stop tempting me I think it's slightly out of my range of capability at the moment, however, when I'm out of grad school (one more year)...I may look into doing something like that when I'm in a better place (not living in a dorm...have a real job, etc). I appreciate the offers, though.
262,715 and counting