View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 PM

Thank you for everyone's input. I am indeed new to the forum, as well as M-B ownership. My wife and I are expecting a kiddo soon, and I needed something reliable, comfortable, and roomy, so the 300d seems to be a good answer. It's built like a tank runs/smells more like a Peterbuilt, but I really love this car.

I digress. My indie's name is Monte. I have spoke with him over the phone, and seems like a real cool cat. We are both searching for new axles. I have searched the forum, saw the greased cone trick, etc., and a lot of very useful information, both for the axle issue, and most any other issue i can think of. I even gave it a shot at changing the boots by dropping the hub end and sliding the flexx 3000 (not 3001) over the can. I couldnt get the axel to budge after removing the bolt in the hub. I did not loosen the shock (insert correct part description here, instead of shock). I gave the axle a few good raps with a hammer and wood block and it didn't budge one bit. I am not a fan of forcing things, and I can only imagine if it takes that much force to get out, then it will be a PITA to get back in, regardless of everyone's great advice. So here I am in my current situation. Thanks again, and have a good weekend.