View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

Yes, it has the original vacuum pump. I'll put that on the list as well.
The list is getting bigger by the hour.
Thanks for all the tips though, good stuff.

This car spent it's life in Maryland. 2 owners prior to me.
Lots of receipts came with it. And it appears that most of the maintenance was kept up.
The idle is very smooth, it also has a new engine shock.

I took it to a shop yesterday, to check out the rear end bushings.
The pivot bushings are shot on the right side. All the links and shocks are new though. They want $425 for both bushings. I know the parts are about $50, spring compressor and bushing tool is needed also.
I might do it myself. Is this job hard to do with the right tools?

The AC does work good enough on an 85 degree day, but 90+ kicks it's butt, it can't keep up.
It shows bubbles in the glass. It doesn't seem to be loosing any cooling ability over time, so I figure maybe a little bit of r-12 will help for now.
The aux fan doesn't come on with the AC either, and I need to fix or modify that.
I haven't looked at that system yet.

Yeah it does have a 140 speedo. Seat of my pants tells me it's off.
I'm keeping up with local traffic doing 62. No way does that happen normally.
I'll pull it soon to see what the odometer problem is. I've read up on those issues already.

The cooling fan is original, and I should replace it for GP. It looks like the 606 fan is the way to go money wise.
Have any of you guys done it?
How did it work out for ya?

Looks like I need to replace a lifter. The job looks fairly easy to do. I'm only replacing it because it's noisy. and I don't want to wait for the M1 to quiet it down.
Are there any performance gains to be had from new lifters if the old ones work quietly?
Is there any reason to replace the rest of them?

The EGR is disabled, and I would like to clean up the engine bay of unnecessary clutter.
I have read somewhere that there is a factory part called a "F vacuum connector" to be used when removing the lines over by the air cleaner. It replaces the "H" connector.
Does anybody have a number for this item?