View Single Post
Old 03-22-2002, 02:39 PM
Human Spirit
For [my] Mercedes gas engine application with spin-on oil filters, I contacted Amsoil tech service about which filters they offer for my 124 body, 300E 3.0L gas engine - their reply is in quotes below. Because Amsoil does not offer dual bypass kits for Mercedes, I will contact CM Filter to see if they do. Note: The Amsoil BMK-13 dual bypass kit referenced earlier in this thread is not offered for Mercedes. (I will also post this reply in the 'Remote Oil Filter' thread.) Here is the Ansoil reply:

"For the Mercedes engines, we recommend our AMSOIL Synthetic 10W40 Heavy Duty Motor Oil (AMO). We do not have the dual bypass kits for the Mercedes, but we can supply the
BMK11 single bypass kit. The optional BE90 filter element will be needed as well. You will need the assistance of a Mercedes dealer or trained technician for the installation. The Mercedes requires a match to fit adapter for the oil pressure sender unit. There is no standardized part for this - it could be one of many ways and needs visual inspection. The 300E uses the GF217 fuel filter.

Complete description of these products may be found on our website in the product information section. For pricing and/or ordering information call 800-777-7094 from 7 AM to 5 PM Central time Monday through Friday. You may also access pricing and ordering on line in the "Company Store" section of
our website."
04 GMC Yukon XL Denali, Black, 12k
02 New Beetle, TDI, Reflex Silver, 24k
89 300TE, Arctic White, 214k

90 300E, 142k (sold)
87 300TD, 128k (sold)
83 300D, 314k (sold)
79 300TD, 266k (sold)

Share your knowledge -