View Single Post
Old 07-16-1999, 07:54 PM
Posts: n/a
I've got the one-piece chrome strip (it clips next to the window) off of both doors on my '85 300CD-T while I take care of some rust in the area.

Along the edge of the chrome strip from end-to-end, there is a rubber gasket that serves to protect the paint from being scratched by the chrome strip (this is the edge that does not face the window, its the edge that faces the ground).

I'm looking for a new rubber gasket and it seems that the only solution from M-B is a whole new chrome strip for about $125.00!

Does anyone know if/where I can find a replacement rubber strip (it has a channel in it for attachment so it is a bit specialized)?

Thanks in advance for any help-