There are published labor guides that shops generally follow.
There's more to fixing a car than just paying a mechanic. Among other things:
- The owner needs to get paid.
- The service writers/admin./parts folks need to get paid.
- There's the lease on the building
- Insurance of all varieties, especially the litigation type
- Tools of the common and not so common variety
- And the list goes on
Bottom line - if the book time is 2 hrs. and the tech. does it in 20 mins., you pay 2 hrs.
1991 300-SEL - Model 126
M103 - SOHC
James Madison - Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.
Liberty Firearms Training - After years of trying to regulate California criminals with a never ending stream of gun control laws they have still not given up with the belief that if they make something a crime that criminals will miraculously start obeying the law.