View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddict View Post
Answer this simple question then: What has caused the significant warming of the last 30 years? If you think it's the sun, you may want to look at what it's been doing in that period. Arguing against man-made global warming is like arguing the Earth is flat.
Really the scientific studies that I was reading last semester, very boring and dull mind you, seem to conclude that no one is sure. We simply lack enough data and since the earths climate is constantly in flux, its hard to say what causes what.

Global cooling is the next big issues, some of the studies I was reading think we are nearing the end of a warming cycle, which naturaly would mean the earth is getting hotter. But they think we are about to start another cooling cycle.

You give me a respected scientist that argues for global warming, and I'll counter with one who argues against it. Its not nearly as cut and dry of an issue as the mass media is playing it out to be.

You have to remember the mass media is pretty liberal and plays to peoples fear. Fear sells and global warming is really a good story to run with.
2007 Tiara 3200