View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Anyone know this part?

I am elbow deep into the drivers' side rear window on my 83 300cd. By my estimation, the motor, regulator, and window lift mechanism all work fine. I think that my problem is, as has been mentioned on this forum before, bending of the guide plate where the intermediate lever from the window lifter attaches to the plate. As the lifter goes through its range of motion, it obviously binds/torques at the extreme ends of window up/window down, and the intermediate lever "pops" off of the guide plate. In short, I am looking for a new guide plate only, not a complete regulator mechanism. Has anyone purchased such before, or have one around their shop that they would sell. My passenger side rear window works fine; upon inspection, it appears that a previous owner had a support welded into place that preserves the appropriate angles on the guide plate. Has anyone had this work done before? Would you think that a "regular" welding shop would be willing to help with a small item (for them) such as this? Thanks for any ideas/parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone know this part?-300-cd-window-project-011.jpg