View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddict View Post
I see that nobody except Hat even tried to answer my question. You guys who continue to argue against man-made GW are clueless. As for you Hat, you say no one really knows. Well FYI and AFAIK no computer model was ever able to explain the recent warming without considering man-made CO2. So while CO2 may not totally be the convict after a fair trial, it is the primary suspect and there are currently no others. As to global cooling, the only way that's gonna happen on a long-term basis is we have a supervolcano explode or if the sun goes into a long-term period of inactivity (both of which have happened in the past). But that doesn't in any way take away from the theory that humans are causing the current warming (at least the last 30 years if not more).

It is completely irrelevant what the warmest year on record is (besides they're close). We also know it was warmer long before the industrial revolution. Again that by itself is completely irrelevant to proving or disproving man-made GW. What's relevant is the relationship between temperature, the Sun's activity, and CO2 level. All 3 over the last 30 years point to man-made GW.

What's with you guys who can't admit the possibility that man is affecting the environment? Are you so vain that you'd go home crying on your mamma's lap if you learned that you're polluting the environment? Well guess what, we all pollute with our mere existence, some more than others naturally.

Actualy one of the studies I was reading contributed it to the sun, and a natural cycle of the suns radiation.

The climate on earth is always changing, its in a constant state of flux. So its always going to be getting warmer or cooler. Heck where I am sitting now used to be a coral reef around the equator long ago. One of the more interesting studies said that we are at the peak of global warming and will enter the global cooling, and possible ice age stage next. They used ice ages in the past, the tilt of the earth, the suns output, total ice sheet mass, etc to come to this conclusion.

As for Co2 being a major cause some scientists think so, but far more from what I have read don't agree. As said above one volcano can outdue mankind.

But what it really comes down to with the Co2 argument is our lack of data, and with any global warming argument. We simply don't have enough, we need like 1,000,000 years worth of data to even begin to know enough to chart out a good graph and predict whats happening next. Heck we only have temp readings from what the 1700's to now? Thats nothing, its like saying the day is going to be very hot because from 10:01 and .0000001 seconds to 10:01 and .0000002 because someone farted on the probe.

From the many very dry studies I have read the conclusion that I see is we are not sure. Its just an educated guess, and Al Gore's film is a bunch of bunk.

I certianly think its trendy know to agree that we are warming up the earth, like it was trendy in the 80's to save the rainforst, and in the 70's to be afraid of another ice age. Now we don't give a damn about the rainforst and are cutting it down to produce ethonal to prevent global warming. Really the public is a bunch of narrow minded nit wits who cannot think longer than 5 minutes ahead or behind.

I'm all for protecting the environment, but I am not for going off half cocked. A humans life on the global time line is so small its hard to comprehend, we have time, on a global scale we are not even ants, we are germs. From what I have seen in CT we have made huge strides to cleaning it up. LIS is cleaner now than it was 30 years ago, fish and animals that have been gone for 100 years are back in force. Rivers that used to give China's worse a run for there money are now crystal clear and full of healthy stocked and natural trout.
2007 Tiara 3200

Last edited by Hatterasguy; 07-14-2008 at 01:11 AM.