View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip Foss View Post
What Obama is proposing is called a reality check. This is what is required to undo the mess that Shrub Bush has gotten this country into.

From the AARP magazine for May:...."in just 12 months, unemployment has risen from 4.5% with a growing workforce the 5.1% and a shrinking workforce as millions stopped seeking job. The average price of a gallon of gas had jumped 53 cents (as of May) to $3.44, and crude oil has nearly doubled. Inflation is growing, medical costs are growing faster. Stock prices have dropped nearly 15%, and housing prices have plummeted more than 10%, part of a spiral of delayed payments, defaulted mortgages and home forclosures. Banks and lenders around the world are in full retreat.

The US trade deficit and the federal budget deficit continue to mushroom, and the national debt is $9.4 trillion-up 10% in a year. The value of the dollar has fallen 15%, driving the cost of imports even higher and shaking the confidence of foreign investors."

In 2002 Clinton inherited a national debt over $4 trillion (thanks to 12 years of Republican waste-remember Reagan's 600 ship armada?). He turned this country over to Shrub Bush with a $500 billion surplus. Within 2 years Bush had spent the surplus and was on the road to the current deficit which is expected to be well over $10 trillion when he leaves office. Note: the $4 trillion debt came from Reagan raiding the social security fund. That is why SS is struggling now and not likely to be there for those under 45 years old.

With this war and the wounded soldiers Bush has also created another legacy of debt that will follow our grand children to their graves.

I am a retiree and have to watch my money. I certainly do not look forward to an increases in taxes anymore than the next man. It is a shame that most of the hard core right wing bible thumping, gun toting, America uber alles, flag wavers will be dead of old age before the real impact of this debt will be felt. And like Bush they don't really give a rats ass about their legacy. They got there's and to hell with the rest of you.
Uh, this thread started as a comparison between McWhatever and Omaghod.