View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Grease Monkey

Well guess I made the right decision. bottom line is I saved $375.00

Good thing I dint do it myself. Turns out I received rear rotors instead of front. The mechanic cut the existing ones. I only purchased outer wheel bearings so he had to get the inner parts for me.(both sides) I didn't need the Caliper rebuild kits or he didn't use them. Turns out I already had a Caliper rebuild kit from work in the past, so now I have 3 of em. He didn't install the new brake line hoses because he thinks they are ok. He did give me an alignment and the car drives straight now. I mistakenly bought two pairs of front brakes instead of one pair.
I emailed all the parts to my Indy (Rip-off) for review. Guess he didnt look at it. Should I hold on to all these parts, return w/ restocking fee, sell on eBay or does anyone here want any of it?

One reason my Indy's price quote may have been over inflated is he spent a few hours cleaning out his garage to fit my car in it for the repairs. I told him he was out bid and he offered to do it for $475.00 That would have been a good price for all the work we originally said, less allingment. Too late I did it already, sorry!
1984 300D turbo. NY