View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
I got the rather distinct impression that if a respondent did not have a PhD in radiator technology, you didn't care to hear from him.
Are you positive about that? I heard that soup was made by Campbells and Lipton!!!
Make sure that the brand of citric acid that you select is compatible with the brand of distilled water that you plan to use. That's absolutely critical.
That's definitely a whole lot longer that what is recommended in the service manual!!!
Tangofox, for sure that's a lot of waste in bandwidth with absolutely no constructive purpose whatsoever...
Maybe I rubbed you on the wrong side somehow... It's not a matter of having a PhD or anything like that, it's just that sometimes respondents provide answers they themselves are not sure/knowledgeable about, and it does come across. Am I guilty of not paying too much attention to those answers? Certainly so, and I think that anyone with a bit of good sense will do the same...

Thing is, I still have no idea where to find the citric acid locally and all the others details I've kept asking about.
It takes just 25 words or so to write: Buy citric acid here, use this specific detergent, etc. Is it so difficult to do? There are some things that may seem very obvious to some of you guys who have a lot more experience about these things, but you also need to understand the perspective of someone who does not know as much as you do and is trying to do his best with this situation and needs to ask some questions to make sure he understands sufficiently well the matter at hand too, which may seem superfluous and even ridiculous to you.

Best to all,
rino

Last edited by rino; 07-22-2008 at 11:52 AM.