View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:51 AM

I was using a fridge compressor to evacuate it - they only go to about 26 inHG. And it stayed there, so there is no leak, or at least a leak is not the problem.

The pressure is still there this morning but it's dropped a little, I guess because of the drop in temperature in the morning. Pressure is now 70PSI -that's enough to switch on the compressor isn't it?

I just realized I may have put a little too much ES-12 in - I put in just under 3 of the 6 oz cans, which they say is the equivalent of about 18oz a can. So that's 3lb 6oz and the 240D is only supposed to have 2lb 9 oz right? So that's quite a bit over.

However, that wouldn't stop the compressor switching on, especially since I had it switched on after the first can and it never came on. Time to jump the clutch...
1983 240D Silver/Blue "Sadie", unknown miles. 100k miles on WVO single tank, converted to 2 tank about 10k miles ago, FPHE, Injector Heaters, Aux Fuel pump. Alcohol/Water injection. Frantz oil bypass filter
1992 300D 2.5 Turbo Green/Tan "Jade" 267K miles Stock.
1992 300D 2.5 tan/tan "Rocky" on 2 tank WVO. Pressure actuated Turbo "rat's nest" surgery completed. 197k miles