View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Just learning

Larry, I guess I reversed the letters. I was looking for a 300 D turbo, not a station wagon. So I should have said 300DT, is that right? To summarize the feedback so far: 1. Picking it up for $200, not $400 would be reasonable. 2. The SLS pump is on the front. I will have to research what that means. 3. There is more room under the hood, (I like that). 4. The mounting brackets and engine mount arms are probably different from a W123, but all the accessories turbo, alternator, etc. are probably the same. I am trying to visualize the scenario of what might have happened. The worst case might be the engine seized, and wouldn't turn over, so the PO thought it was a starter problem. He may have replaced it with a known good starter, and when it still wouldn't turn over, removed the good starter and stopped working on it. He must have thought the car had some value or he wouldn't have put it in storage. If the engine runs I will never know how many miles is on it, but I will know the compression. If the engine is blown is there $200 plus towing value in parting it out ? Thanks, Bill Dukes.