View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 01:25 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
I can`t help you much on the top sider since I drain my oil in a pan. But loosen the bolts on the oil filter lid (13MM) I use a ratchet, extention and a socket to loosen them.
Or loosen or remove the valve cover cap.

The two metal washers, one copper is for the drain plug but won`t use since you are doing it on top. the steel one? must be for some other model. I just save them for what ever, I don`t know, but got a bunch of them.

The large rubber "O" ring goes under the filter lid, be sure to remove the old one. and at the end of the pipe attached to the lid are two little "O" rings. If they are like little pieces of hard plastic, should be replaced. get them from Phill.

If you are concerned about the car being level, run the front or back tires up on some 2x6 or? to level it.

I use gallon jugs, and dump the first one in and 3/4 of the other. start the engine let it run some, shut off and check in the morning and top it off.

I use a quart bottle for a funnel that I cut off.
and have a gallon antifreeze bottle that I cut the side out of when I remove the oil filter. I lift the filter, and quickly slide the bottle under it and place the filter in. this way I cut down on my messes.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works