View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:19 PM
1990 500SL

Let's see

For a start the latest rescue plan, I believe our great goverment just passed, is only estimated (goverment estimate - real world x5 +) to cost the tax payers 25 Billion. Yes with a B.
I'll let you do the math, thats how much for each and every person in the US, per homeowner, how about per taxpayer.
We won't even add in the Countrywide mess, IndyMac, BSC, and ........ and .... and .........
Oh, thats 25 B in todays dollars, add 50% $ in interest too, although inflation will kind of wash some of that out.

The real point is there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with their mortgage, they got in over their heads and expect us to bail them out. Oh, wanna take a bet on how little they put down (0).

For about 80% of the mortgages issued, that sums it up. Yes their was some fraud etc, and I have my own opinion on that. But MOST people KNEW exactly what they were getting in to. Well as long as housing prices keep rising, and my income keeps rising and the economy doesn't go into the tank.

Well I'm buying a MacLaren and going to the gov when I can't make the payments.
The goverment changed it from a privilege to a right to own a house, so I think high end sports cars should be next.
OK, make it a Tesla, I'll be environmentaly conscience (?).

1990 500SL

I was always taught to respect my elders.
I don't have to respect too many people anymore.