View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin.

The surgical vet that this vet recommended is telling me $1500-$1700 per knee for the standard repair and $2700-$3000 for the TPLO... I'm not a tough guy but I could lose it right now. A co-worker recommended her vet. Says they're very,very good and very inexpensive. Set an appointment for Saturday morning to see what they say. Off the cuff, she said $375 per knee.... Sounds too good to be true but my co-worker says he's the type of vet that's in it for the love of animals, not the $$$$$.

Last year, Harry had a "fatty tumor" that was nearly the size of my fist on his stomach. We first noticed it in 2004 and it was tiny. It had grown over 3 years. His vet since I got him dismissed it as: "Just a fatty tumor. Nothing to worry about." I didn't like that answer so I took him to another vet. He said fatty or not, it has to come out. The following week, he removed the "fatty tumor", neutered, cleaned his teeth and ears - $1200.00 He found a "smaller tumor that concerns me" under the fatty one. I wanted to punch the original vet in the mouth. Sent it for biopsy - all was clear. Hopefully, the vet that my co-worker is recommending is a "real" vet as well.....