View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 AM

Extra piping not shifting

I got a small valve and placed right before the trany line. I restricted the flow I think. When I put my mighty vac after the valve it seems the hg is the same but moves slower. As of now it will barley shift with.

I turned the modulator valve clockwise thinking that this would help and but it made it worse.

I've checked my CVC and have my lines set up like the schmit site, but I think I need to find the banjo bolt to get the modulator valve even close, or am I missing something. Could my CVC not be bleeding enough?

I read that really good DIY article and it seems that finding the right spot on the modulator is my problem now. My brain hurts but I need to work until the night. I Should have left it flaring...

Even after turning the modulator valve counter clockwise three rotations it still doesn't want to shift. When I remove all vacuum it doesn't shift at all. Fluid looks good and at the right level.

Thanks for the help, even though there are a million post.

UPDATE
I changed the Modulator Valve and now its back to flaring. But at least I can drive it. Reads a slooow moving 10-18 while driving.

BRIAN I know your the man but the schimt diagram doesn't have a dashpot before the CVC and neither dose mine. Should I get one?
79 Bmw 530i, 69 VW buss, 78 Honda Acc, 79 Jeep wagoneer, 76 Peugeot 504, 82 fiat spider 124,
a bunch of guitars and a banjo www.virb.com/sethlael

Last edited by seth411; 07-30-2008 at 12:43 AM.