View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 02:55 PM

Yeah Correct readings but still no shift

So I got MV to read 10 at idle then go to zero at half throttle by moving the store bought valve at the brake booster. If I open it anymore the VCV buzzes constantly but hg still stays at 10.

So I think this is right but why isn't it shifting?

Or could the Modulator be the cause of no shifting?

From the DIY articel:
Once a proper vacuum curve is created, the real finesse begins. There are a number of possible adjustments. The first is the relationship of the control valve linkage to the throttle lever. The later proportioning valve is mounted to the injection pump and is rotated to achieve this adjustment. The early adjustment is achieved by adjusting the rod length such that the lever reaches within 0.5mm of the full throttle stop (see Fig. 1) with full throttle. The size of the vacuum leak, and thus the range of vacuum, is adjusted on early versions by turning the adjustment under the plastic cap. (See Fig. 2).

I am unable to get my adjustment to .5mm could this be a problem?

I also don't understand from what I've read My car should shift with no vacuum. It will barley shift If I coast when no vacuum is applied.

Dose this mean theres no hope and that flare is going to be the new name for my car?
79 Bmw 530i, 69 VW buss, 78 Honda Acc, 79 Jeep wagoneer, 76 Peugeot 504, 82 fiat spider 124,
a bunch of guitars and a banjo www.virb.com/sethlael

Last edited by seth411; 07-30-2008 at 04:16 PM.