View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:07 PM
techguy512 techguy512 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 631
Originally Posted by juanesoto View Post
the mechanism that moves the needle is kind of a metal bladder (bronze i think) that expands as the pressure increases.
It's called a Bourdon Tube. Soft brass/bronze with solder to seal it. With time the solder cracks and leaks develop. It's difficult to fix. When mine leaked, I replaced the whole gauge.
'82 300D Petrol B-G Metallic
Reply With Quote