View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselClack View Post
this cyclist had attacked a bystander on the previous block who didn't agree with him!

There was another incident recently in Seattle when I was up there last friday where Critical Mass had corked a driver into a parking spot while he had a pregnant woman with him and slashed his tires with knives, broke out his windows and put him in the hospital after giving him a concussion with a bike lock!
I wonder how badly the cyclist "attacked" the person who disagreed with him? And the officer certainly could have collared him less violently than he did.

I lived in Seattle for years and it can be a sweet town but there does seem to be a particularly virulent strain of junior anarchists there.

I agree the CM people are frequently out of line. Mob mentality at its worst. Way too many bicyclists flaunt (or is it flout?) the obeying of courteous rules of traffic. I mean, I'll run red lights now and then too, but only if no one else is anywhere close to me --ditto for stop signs which I always slow for at the very least, and I'll behave just as if I were in a car if actual cars are present.

Too many of those strident about pedestrian and cyclist rights seem to forget that it's a human behind the wheel of the car, trying his or her best to keep their wits about them so they don't hit someone.

I wonder how badly he "attacked" the person who disagreed with him? And the officer certainly could have collared him less violently than he did.