Thread: Hamdan Trial
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
Did we stop trying to find Bin Laden because of that? Or was he simply a lower priority what with the new war started? Is the satphone thing the absolute reason why he isn't dead yet? I highly doubt that. I also highly doubt we hung our entire strategy on his satphone....
I failed to make myself clear.

Would you not agree that the only way we keep the enemy from learning our means and methods is by keeping our means and methods secret?

Concerning the satphone incident in particular.....

Of course nobody can say anything hypothetical with "absolute" certainty. If we want absolute certainty we must avoid all human endeavors at all cost.

It would a stupid blunder indeed to use a single source and single method to pursue any project that includes an unknown number of variables.

Bin Laden's group now uses couriers for communication. Also, Bin Laden once used natural backdrops -- a rock formation, a village. Analysis used those backdrops to locate Bin Laden. Congressmen disclosed that bit, too. Almost immediately all backdrops were cloth or a wall.

Would you argue that we would be more or less confident where Bin Laden might be located if the satphone incident and the backdrop incedents had NOT been revealed?

B