View Single Post
Old 03-28-2002, 02:31 AM
CheFrac is Back!

Ok well I took out the cupholder, and soaked it in HOT WATER for about an hour. Then rinsed it out good, and relubed it with MB Lithium Grease. Then I did get the door off the cupholder housing, rather easily, and soaked the moving plastic parts/joints in hot water (not the entire peice... wood would expand!). I then rinsed it off real good and lubed the moving parts...
All was well thus far.

Though when I went to put the door back on, I noticed that the two main supporters did not snap back in and GRAB in their holes where they should have!! I noticed there are rings that grab it on the other side... which is unattainable by me! And I would never be able to get them back in properly without taking out the lower housing!

So to my question (phat chance!), DOES ANYONE know how to remove the LOWER plastic housing (at the bottom of the console, below the cupholders) from the console? There are no screws to unscrew. It only looks to me like there are two hooks/grabs holding each side of the plastic peice in place from the front of it (where it meets the console). I have tried and tried, and I will never get that door back on without removing it. Anyone (*crossing fingers*) know how to remove this peice?

2006 E350 w/ 155k miles (Daily Driver)

1993 300E 3.2L Sedan w/ close to about 300k miles
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver (Had 217k miles when totalled!)
1989 300E with 289,000 miles (had for <1 yr while in HI)
03 CLK 500 cabrio (Mom's)
2006 C230k (Dad's)
1999 S420 (Mom's/Dad's)
2000 C230k Sport sedans
2001 CLK320 Cabrio (Mom's)
1995 C280 My First Mercedes-Benz... (155k miles. EXCEPTIONAL AUTOMOBILE. Was Very hard to let go of!)