View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Ran when parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy5848 View Post
I've been visiting SLC annually for over 30 years, my wife has family there. Socially conservative (state-owned liquor stores), good schools, western-style wide-open spaces aid sprawling growth, beautiful mountains and skiing, winter temperature inversions trap smog, good roads, only 90 miles to Wendover if you like to gamble, breath-taking national park scenery in the south part of the state.

New Orleans it ain't.
That's true, yeah.

I think the streets are fairly well laid out, most of it is in a grid. The result is instead of looking for "XYZ Avenue" you're searching for 800 East and 2,538 South, makes it easier.

This is probably a bit biased (I'm a European college student) and has nothing to do with diesels but while there's plenty to do outside and in the outdoors, there's absolutely nothing to do at night. Some of it is very LDS, some of it isn't.. I'm not LDS and living in an LDS city doesn't bother me, at least not the religion aspect of it. The south of Utah is nice but the north isn't the prettiest place on earth.

I don't take my cars to mechanics but for an MB, I'd use Werner's. I've heard good things from their customers and I buy parts from them, they seem fairly serious. I'd avoid the dealers.

For you SLC MB diesel owners, is there a kind of an owner's club? If not, would anybody be interested in a get together of sort?

Last edited by alfa 75; 08-05-2008 at 08:37 PM.