View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Sing Blue Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeydan View Post
You got off light.
A few yrs ago my SE was towed from the Chick-Fil-A parking lot on lower Greenville. I ate there earlier then walked across the road to a club to see a good friend perform.
Taxi driver who gave me a ride home tells me they watch you leave the lot on foot and radio the tow driver who's standing just around the corner. Big money maker.
Next day when I went to get the car I find all the gas gone and several nicks and scratches. Talking to the thugs there got me nowhere so, the next weekend I parked in the same spot and watched the action. As soon as I saw someone parking and walking off the lot I got their attention and informed them they would be towed. I made the conversation as obvious as possible to the "lookouts" while pointing them out. After a couple of hours a big black caddy pulls up across the street. Two lookouts walk up and talk to the big guy in the back seat and then come over to me and take my picture and ask what I'm doing. I told 'em I'm getting a very large chicken order together, may take me a while. They ask if I was telling people not to park here. Maybe...
I must have cost them a couple of grand that night based on the number of 'tows' I prevented.
Well done sir! Its good to see people helping others not get swindled out of their hard earned money.

"The thing is Bob, its not that I'm lazy...its that I just don't care."