View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
you couldn't close the deal. Parents are the ultimate c*ckblockers.

French Canadian derived from old French, from Normandy as jlomon said. I can't understand it very well (my mon is French, so I learned it as a kid). It sounds more like German than French to me.
Well . . . . . damn, I hate to say it, I dropped the ball at exactly the wrong time. Before my sister came up, I was just another lone wolf. This sister is the one I'm closest to and when she came up, I said, "Did anyone ever tell you that you look Swedish?" (She does, we're about 1/4 Swede, 1/4 Norweigan).

Between the two of us talking and laughing, the young lady (I found out later she's going to be a junior in college, pre med) gave me a look that I'm going to remember on my death bed. Talk about your confident, I know what I want, kinda look.

There was just so much going on that I didn't suggest a rendevous after closing, which was in less than 1 hour. Mom and Dad and snot nosed boyfriends were nearby, but (and I should know by now) faint heart never won the day nor fair lady. (hand smacking forhead smilie)

The next day it was way hot, I knew I was going to have to leave at about 2 or 3 pm, and besides, I think she was pissed because I hadn't done the dance well enough the night before.

DAMMIT CMAC!!! Oh well, older and hopefully (some day) wiser.

Now to book my passage to Quebec City and get a job in the building trades (She'd probably think I was a stalker -- Montreal would be better).