View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 PM

Make sure the green wire behind dash is actually plugged into the speed sender on back of cluster, and into the transfer box. I replaced the whole module and found the PO had for some seemingly stupid reason unplugged that wire from transfer box. Took a bunch of pics and some old timers from here to tell me where the dangling end of wire went, back in dash on some block where several cruise signal wires plug into.

I got rebuild cruise amp for $160, now it all works. But before installing a new/reman cruise amp, test the actuator (its very easy) to ensure its not drawing too much current, or it will fry your new amp.

And make sure to change out those plastic rod ends on the cruise linkages with metal ones from a 123. Shortly after I got cruise working I may have uncovered reason why PO unplugged that wire. One of those little plastic ball ends popped off linkage and linkage jamed into intake at damn near WOT. NOT cool 'Mr bean counter who changed metal 123 part to plastic 124' dude. My wife and kids and front brake pads didnt appreciate the $.02 cost saving on flight critical component.