View Single Post
Old 04-02-2002, 06:37 PM

Hi guys and welcome newbie 500e/e500 owners!

...that's an interesting point generally re: the '93's (less hp & no '94 upgrades)...

when W124 was a twinke in my eye & without knowing any technical differences between the 500e/e500's I was drawn to the last iteration...primarily due to the smaller grill and euro-look flat face glass headlight units (as a non-owner, I didn't even notice the trunk/ bumper/signal lamp/ tai light differences)

when I picked up the '94 E500- - I was pleased to hear the it received a bunch of technical E500 upgrades and audio upgrade as icing on the cake to the aesthetic upgrades...I was already spoiled with the OEM audio system set up in my '94 E320 Coupe.

in my mind, the hp differences between the '92 and '94 500e500 were quite minor ...I further rationalized that if I couldn't utilize the 315hp bestowed in the '94- - I better work on improving my skills!

re: wife driving the MB's
She's driven the E320 Coupe once (w/ me shotgun) and the E500 once (alone to MB service and back)- -although she liked them both very very much we have an understanding that hers are the BMW and Celica (...& I'm thanking my lucky stars she's not really an MB/'car' enthusiast type person).

great discussion
-fad