Thread: '82 300sd
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:06 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Well that is too bad you didn`t get it, but when living under Mom & Dad`s roof there are certain guide lines to follow. and if you are borrowing from them to buy a car, they don`t want you to get burned of some old wreck. Even when it is your money they will still want control.

By you getting an old MB and doing all you DIY work you will learn invaluable knowledge along with help here on the forum.

when I was in High school, my Dad didn`t want some old piece of junk sitting in front of his house. so I didn`t learn much in the way of auto mechanics. It was after the Navy my learning curve began for me.
Now I have a front yard full of old junkers, and they still don`t understand. they still want to control me and I have been out of the Navy 42 yrs.. after all, Iam am still their little boy.

So print the Posts in this thread from the advice given to you so you will have it in hand when you go looking for the next MB. There is one out there with your name on it.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works